Terms and conditions for access to COVIDSafe App Code
By accessing the App Code I accept and agree to the following terms:
- If I distribute the App Code to anyone else, I will ensure these terms are provided to them and are not deleted.
- I agree to access the App Code for the purpose of obtaining information about the COVIDSafe App only
- I understand and agree that the App Code is provided on an as is where is basis, that the App Code may be updated over time, and the Commonwealth have no liability whatsoever in connection with my access to or use of the App Code.
- I agree to stop all access and use of the App Code if requested by the Department of Health.
- I will promptly report to the Department of Health on any actual or potential security vulnerabilities I become aware of in respect of the COVIDSafe App.
- I am responsible for any costs of third party claims associated with my access to the App Code, and must pay those claims on request.
I understand and agree that:
- the Department of Health will collect information about me and my access to the App Code, and other information that I post on GitHub in connection with the App Code (and I understand that this information may also be seen or accessed by other users of GitHub who have been given access to the App Code);
- the Department of Health may use that information for the purposes of managing my access to the App Code, and information that I provide in relation to the App Code or the COVIDSafe App;
- the Department of Health may disclose that information to other Commonwealth agencies and their contractors for the purposes of improving the App Code or the COVIDSafe App, or as required for public accountability and reporting purposes, but Department of Health will de-identify personal information before disclosure wherever reasonable and practicable (GitHub, a company based in the US, may also handle your personal information in accordance with the GitHub Terms and Conditions); and
- Except as permitted by clauses 9, 10, 11 and 12, I will not use the App Code for any product development purposes, without first gaining approval from the Department of Health in writing for my specific intended use of the App Code.
- I acknowledge that some components of the App Code are modifications of works that are subject to open source licences.
For any components of the App Code that are subject to the GNU General Public
License v3.0 (GNU Licence), I
understand and agree that:
- this program is free software: I can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of version 3 of the GNU Licence as published by the Free Software Foundation; and
- this program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Licence for more details.
For any components of the App Code that are subject to the
Apache License, Version 2.0, (Apache Licence), I understand and agree that:
- I may not use this file except in compliance with the Apache Licence; and
- unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the Apache Licence is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
- Where any of the above terms are in conflict with the licences referred to in clauses 9 and 10, those licences will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency. For further information on the application of these licences to certain components of the App Code, contact the Department of Health at email@example.com.